Sometimes the desert can feel like an oven….no really, you can bake cookies on the sidewalk. If you are looking for a place to go for a great escape full of fire and ice, Iceland is the spot for you. Miles of open road, countless waterfalls, and black sand beaches await you. Popping up on top places to travel for 2017 all over the board (including a feature on Business Insider), it is a must see!
- Fjaðrárgljúfur – A river canyon with spectacular views. You may find yourself lucky and have the canyon to yourself
- Silfra – See where the North American and Eurasian plates meet in this magical spot. If you are feeling adventurous, you can even snorkel here!
- Seljavallalaug – Hot spring pool located in a mountainside. Iceland is famous for their hot springs and cannot be missed!
- Extreme Iceland – Plan any kind of tour with this amazing company. My personal favorite? The glacier hike that ends with a sunset on the black sand beach!
- Seljalandsfoss – Waterfall located just a short drive away from Reykjavík. Take a walk behind the waterfall and there is a great chance you will spot a rainbow!